Fluidity Projects

Notifications
Clear all

Vortex

(@simon-hearn)
Member Admin
Topic starter  

Photography...Blue mountains landscapes seen through a swirling liquid filter.

Please share, adapt, distort, or deconstruct as you please!

This topic was modified 11 months ago by Simon Hearn

(@tim-jones)
Member Admin

So many great ideas bouncing out of that contribution Simon. For me there's a fascination about negative space creating form, just because you can't see it, doesn't mean it isn't there.

ReplyQuote
(@simon-hearn)
Member Admin
Topic starter  

Agree.

Adding a literal liquid fluidity to the scene adds the dimension of time.....

and it creates lots of refractions and other unpredictable effects.

I'd like to try adding this anaolgue filter technique to some of the 'finished' artworks that have been posted.

This post was modified 11 months ago by Simon Hearn

ReplyQuote
(@tim-jones)
Member Admin

Hi Simon,

As above post I've been exploring negative and virtual space recently. The starting impetus was doing a photogrammetry of a solid concrete cat sculpture I've made. The interesting aspect is that the 3D model of the object is generated as a skin. it is possible to go inside the skin to view the object internally, see photos below. It's like entering a cave with all the colours and shapes in reverse, the possibilities are endless.

With your Vortex images, I'm working on an idea of the negative space of the vortex being reversed into a positive shape. This shape will be animated - morphing and spinning through my "Hyde Park, Hartley" animated video. To me the object is about the flow of energy through a landscape, the vortex of nature, the eddy current in a stream, the swirling storm cloud and the willy-willy.

I will generate a CC 3D object of my final Vortex form and post it to my timkjones Sketchfab account for viewing and downloading.

3D Vortex inspired object - Blender model

3D photogrammetry of my cat sculpture ( cast and formed coloured concrete )

The 3D virtual space inside my solid concrete cat sculpture.

Cheers

Tim

This post was modified 2 weeks ago 2 times by Tim Jones

ReplyQuote
(@tim-jones)
Member Admin

Experiments with UV mapping 3D objects. Work in progress on the Vortex 3D object UV - this new material that is based on Simon Hearn's Vortex photos.

UV relates to the 2D skin that wraps around a 3D object. As the developers of the 3D computer models has already used X - Y - Z for axes they used U + V to represent the 2D "skin" image.

Cheers

Tim

This post was modified 2 weeks ago 3 times by Tim Jones

ReplyQuote
Share:

Subscribe

Follow